Costs seem to be the #1 reason brought up as to why IT should not go national, and I think that is grabbing for straws. That was the reason for the huge note reguarding costs that I posted a page or so back.

Our rules are stable because of the way IT is setup. I don't see IT going to plastic fenders (except for Fiero's) and crazy cams, carbs, and mondo FI systems. The core set of rules make that not possible. If the day comes that I can't get a stock cam, or whatever then the days of running IT in that car are over. The core of IT is an OEM susp, drive line and body pannels.

If we keep high $$ fuel injection, fenders made of alternate material, trick trannies and such out of IT I think we will have a stable rule set.

But I have to agree, I also fail to see how running your existing IT car in prod is going to give you a taste of anything. You are running an IT car, want a taste of prod rent one and see what it is like to run on slicks with trick trannies and all the goodies. I see it as not giving IT a taste of prod racing I see it as giving prod a taste of IT's car counts. Prod gets all the good and we get to motor around the same track, in the same car, how does that tell me about the experence of driving a car with a prod setup, the cars are different as can be.

To make my opinion clear, I do support Andy's position....only if IT cars are classed competitively. Or IT as a national class.