As someone who has raced in GP the past 6 years, more regionally than nationally, I thought I'd weigh in, because I'm on the fence. I spent this winter parting out my prod car and building an ITA car. I could've built 8 ITA cars for what I got for my GP car. Why did I choose IT? 1) Rules consistency. 2) High number of race entrants (ie. more competition). 3) Cost. In that order.

Whether racing nationally or regionally there still is the core of decent fun people to be around. Regional racers I feel are more grounded and aware that this is amature racing, you know, a hobby. I guess that weighed in on my decision to switch to IT. There are still buku $$ efforts in regional racing though.

If you want to try national racing I'd have to say rent a ride in whichever national class you want to dip your toes into.

I do not have any problem with losing the national vs. regional distinction. That may happen anyways when 2-3 national classes die.

Do I have any intent, want, desire, to race my ITA car in G or F prod? No way.

But at this point I'm not against anyone who may think it could be more fun. The grass is always greener, you know.

Peter Baumgartner
ITA Fiero