I understand the theory behind that, but am not very fond of that.

Kyle, I’m not picking on you but do want to give you a different perspective. I’ve made the 7 plus hour tow down to Summit Point a couple of times for the Labor Day event. I would have been upset if I was not given the opportunity to run with the primary group for the race win. For those who are not familiar with the Labor Day event, it is a really cool double, a long and fun race weekend! Two years ago a few of us went down there for the event. For the first qualifying session, I did o.k. Once it came time for the second session, I became more familiar with the track and qualified 3rd (+/- a position) in ITB. While on grid I was approached by another driver who is running for points in that division, was in a battle for the season lead, but qualified behind me. He stated that he noticed my times were dropping pretty quickly as I got more track time. He then said that the guy who qualified on pole and him were in a close fight for the season championships, essentially asking me to pull over and let him go by. I was a bit annoyed with this and my response was quite simple. I’ll be in front of both of you, so that way it won’t hurt your season points. LOL Well, I ended up spinning on the first lap. Doh! The whole point being is that both of those drivers needed to deal with me and that is a part of racing. Besides, should I let the entire field go by? What about the guy whose running for second place, or third…
[/b]
just to be clear on the marrs events, qualifying does not determine who gets to race..labor day or not. it is all about getting your registration in early. the difference with labor day is that if there is an oversubscription by a certain amount of time before the event, those actively running the marrs series get preference.

basically you know if you will be running or not well ahead of time. if you register early and make the cut, you are in. if you drive 8 hrs without registering to get to summit and find out the run group is full, well, than ain't very good planning.....