Thread: Here's where all the ITS E30s went...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Yeah, I really think the reason srf is so equal is the sealed motors.

If spec miata had sealed motors, it would be much more "fair" for those of us without thick wallets.

And yes, that "spec" bmw had a pretty substantial hp advantage over the guys he was passing. It isnt his fault. He just has the means to spend more money on his motor/car then his competition.
    Personally, I wouldnt really savor a victory all that much with that kind of hp advantage. I dont know, kinda takes the fun out of it.

On the other hand, I understand the kind of hurdles/cost's involved with sealing motors.

It is just inevitable that you will have guys willing to spend big bucks to win a plastic trophy and bragging rights. I hold nothing against these guys...it just isnt me. I guess I dont want to win that bad (or cant afford to :P )
    I'll just have to be happy tooling along in the lower half of mid pack until I win the lottery.

In the meantime, be sure to give me a wave as you go by on the straights
    "Entropy sucks"

And yes, that "spec" bmw had a pretty substantial hp advantage over the guys he was passing. It isnt his fault. He just has the means to spend more money on his motor/car then his competition.
    Personally, I wouldnt really savor a victory all that much with that kind of hp advantage. I dont know, kinda takes the fun out of it.

[/b]
    he was a normal front runner that got gridded in the back of the pack for the race. the track was wet. some of the spec folks don't have multiple set of tire for different conditions. it wasn't all horsepower happening there.....

bmw cca is starting a spec e36 325/8 class this year. lower prep levels than IT. lots of interest already.