NX2000 Dyno Test

Greg Amy

Administrator
I know it's extremely late notice, but we'll be dyno-testing the ITA NX2000 tomorrow, March 3rd, at Bishop Motorsports in Canton, CT (http://www.bishopmotorsports.com). An ECU tuning guy will be there and we'll see if we can get any more power out of this SR20DE.

Anyone and everyone is welcome to come by; we've got dozen or so Nissan forum guys interested in the tuner's products. We'll be starting around 10:00 AM and going for at least a couple hours, likely more.

Come on over, all info learned - including output numbers - will be made publicly available. - GA

Anyone and everyone is welcome to come by; we've got dozen or so Nissan forum guys interested in the tuner's products. We'll be starting around 10:00 AM and going for at least a couple hours, likely more.

Come on over, all info learned - including output numbers - will be made publicly available. - GA
[/b]

Cool Greg, I like the openess. We've always posted anything we get and we're not front runners, but people seem to appreciate it. Be very interested to see how she turns out, good luck and may big numbers come your way!

Ron

From the data the guy gave me on my USB key:

154.3 hp @ 6200 RPM
143.4 tq @ 4800 RPM

...but someone told me they saw a run at 156.3...

Start the grumbling.

Still need to haul the Fiero over to the dyno guy - the rebuild seems to be healthy and she pulls much better.

But dang! Ya making some real power there! :023:

154.3 hp @ 6200 RPM
143.4 tq @ 4800 RPM

Start the grumbling. [/b]

Are you tuning with a EMS or flashed Ecu?

I make 160 at the wheels from a 3.5 liter V8. DAMN that is a strong 2.0 motor.

Wow. [/b]

Jeff the Brits are still pissed about the revolutionary war and the war of 1812, you think there going to give you a strong engine? :D

154.3 hp @ 6200 RPM
143.4 tq @ 4800 RPM

Start the grumbling. [/b]

Now convert the dynopacks to dynojets so you can really shock the establishment.

On edit, more information.

Are you tuning with a EMS or flashed Ecu?[/b]
DJ, it's a factory ECU/motherboard with a RAM on daughterboard. Nice thing, it also incorporates the Consult diagnostic tools, all in one box, with a detachable cable that strings out of the LED hole in the back of the housing. Just the diagnostic stuff makes it worth the money.

As for power? We estimate it gave up - maybe - one or two ponies over the stock ECU.

you can really shock the establishment.[/b]
As I wrote to Andy in response to private mail, when others are willing to do a same way/same day DynaPack (instead of fictitious circumstantial DynoJets), invite two dozen people and a newspaper reporter to witness three hours of dyno tuning, and reveal all the gory details (including the data files on request), then we can talk.

Until then: nothing for me to be defensive or embarrassed about. Let them eat cake.

By the way: be careful with your reactions. If nothing else, the last twelve hours on just this specific thread (not to mention private email) has probably created more disincentive for scores of people towards being open and honest about their horsepower numbers than anything else. You can't lament about why more people don't do that and then give 'em crap at the same time...

See you at NHIS...

Yup, about what I figured against my Dynapack results three days before the ARRC. I'll be back at the Dynapack in about two or three weeks. :eclipsee_steering:

Good job, Greg - on all fronts. Engineering, stand-up-ness, honesty...

My crystal ball tells me that there will be at least two requests submitted that don't even simply BORDER on competition adjustments anymore, to slow down "all of the ITA NX2000s" or to give the competition a break.

K

Back