Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fire extinguisher mounted to cage... how?

Greg, your errant tech inspector must have once worked in SOWDIV. I think I ran into him once or twice several years ago. His ignorance and arrogance was frightening. If you dared to question him, his screaming threats would back you down. I just avoided him and brought tech fresh donuts or fried chicken.
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

In addition to the bottle being securely mounted you want to make sure you can reach it while completely belted in. In all three of my cars we have mounted the bracket to the tunnel using two bolts with fender washers on the underside of the car. I am entertaining the idea of using a double latch bracket but in an emergency I would rather be able to pop the bottle out in one motion.
    LoBuk ITB CRX Si
    2007 NASA H5 National Champion
    2006 NASA H5 National Champion
    2005 ECHC H5 Champion

I can understand why the no hose clamp people are passionate as several years ago I had a huge impact with the concrete at Mid-Ohio and it ripped the extinguisher off its mount and I sorta remember it flying thru the cockpit after clocking my helmet. I had 3 HD clamps and while they held the bracket they certainly were deformed and the abrupt 70+ mph hit ripped the extinguisher from the bracket. The clip that held the extinguisher to the bracket failed. I use a fire system now with its mount securly bolted to th floor and not the cage.

Dave