BudMan, another view of the brake DUCT & brake HOSE GCR-302 item b. rules.

First, lets start with the two parts of the rule a copied below. The words BRAKE DUCTS & HOSE are used within the rules. I doubt the rule writters ment the definition of both words to be equal. I also doubt the rule writters ment to allow folks with no air dam/spoiler to have air intake openings of 5 inches by 7 inches while allowing folks with an air dam/spoiler air intakes holes of ONLY 3 inch diameter.

Second when I look in a vendor catalog for a DUCT I find a plastic thing that is a whole bunch bigger than the 3 inch HOSE that attaches to the DUCT. The DUCT is the thing that attaches to the valance or air dam/spoiler & the HOSE provides a passage for the air from the DUCT to the brake rotor.

Third, yes, I read the GCR Glossary for duct/ducting. "Duct/Ducting - A tube or passage for conveying a material, usually air." The DUCT has a tube for the HOSE to attache to & the HOSE is a tube.

First part of rule:

"Where an air dam/spoiler is used, two total openings may be cut in the front valance to allow the passage of up to a three inch diameter DUCT leading to each front brake/rotor assemble."

POORLY written ruel ^.

My understanding of the first part of the rule is that a person may cut a hole of sufficent size to gain full addvantage of the air inlet size of the 3 inch diameter DUCT.

Second part of rule:

"Where no air dam/spoiler is used, two total openings of a maxium size of five (5) inches by seven (7) inches maybe cut in the front valance so that BKAKE DUCTS can be added with a three (3) inch dianeter HOSE leading to each front brake/rotor assembly."

WELL written rule ^. Other than they could clear the rule up a bit by saying, two total openings of which each opening will be a maximum size of five (5) inches by seven (7) inches bla, bla.