Cherokee,

I have this happen to me too from time to time. Here is what I do to break the slump:

Make a list of what I have to do. Sometimes this can make you feel overwelmed but later it will make it easier to get a feeling of accomplishment. Working from your list, set small goals and quit working on your car when you feel you have accomplished something - anything.

Watch a racing video - hopefully something from an in car camera. Watch a RunOffs DVD.

Go to an indoor Go Kart track and turn some laps. The ones that require a helmet at the best. St Louis has a nice one that uses electric karts - really fast!. KC has one that will get your attention as well. Nothing like a perfect pass or a little rubbing to get you motivated.

Buy some new tools or a new tool box. Nothing gets me going faster than new tools to play with and use. Organizing a new tool box is also a highlight. Get out in your shop and do something that has nothing to do with your car. Eventually you will find yourself working on your car

Buy some new music. I listen to CD's when I work on my car. New music gets me going

Sit in your racecar and day dream. I hate to admit to doing this but my racing seat is confortable and sitting in it is relaxing. It gets me in the shop and reminds me why I like my car and racing in general. Making motor noises while you do this is optional....