Thread: MUSTANG VS. DYNOJET HP COMPARISON

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I am the poster child for getting screwy results from dynos. I had a dyno operator swear I was running 18:1 air fuel. As Joe told me at the time, I'd have had holes in the piston if that were the case. What actually happened was the guy had a bad sniffer.

Find a good solid dyno that returns semi-repeatable results and stick with it. Dyno shopping just leads to trouble.

I've seen anywhere from 130 to 165 whp on my car. 160 has been repeatedable on one particular dyno and seems to be correct. Same with torque. Anywhere from 180 to 205.

Look for the repeatable stuff and work with THAT guy.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

I am the poster child for getting screwy results from dynos. I had a dyno operator swear I was running 18:1 air fuel. As Joe told me at the time, I'd have had holes in the piston if that were the case. What actually happened was the guy had a bad sniffer.

Find a good solid dyno that returns semi-repeatable results and stick with it. Dyno shopping just leads to trouble.

I've seen anywhere from 130 to 165 whp on my car. 160 has been repeatedable on one particular dyno and seems to be correct. Same with torque. Anywhere from 180 to 205.

Look for the repeatable stuff and work with THAT guy. [/b]

What actually happened was the guy had a bad sniffer.

If your refering to the a/f sniffer they stick in the tail pipe, I learned the hard way they are not they way to go. My engine builder will not accept any numbers from them. He uses the O2 port just behing the header with a broadband O2 on his dyno.

What actually happened was the guy had a bad sniffer.

If your refering to the a/f sniffer they stick in the tail pipe, I learned the hard way they are not they way to go. My engine builder will not accept any numbers from them. He uses the O2 port just behing the header with a broadband O2 on his dyno.
    [/b]

Wives tale.
    Chris Ludwig
    GL Lakes Div
    www.ludwigmotorsports.com

Wives tale.
    [/b]

Chris, I certaintly won't argue with you! But honestly back to back there was a big difference between the two on my car. The tailpipe sniffer was reading much leaner than the broadband O2 sensor. Could this have been the operator? One was on a dyno jet the other was on my engine builders Mustang.