Guys,
What I find most interesting in the DC Regions increase of race entry fees is the lack of mention of the $685,000 plus dollars that the region has sitting in a bank account labelled "Track Investment Fund".

A portion of each entry fee goes into this fund. Even though a blind man could see that the DC Region will NEVER have the money to buy or build its own track. I find it highly suspect that this "fund" continues to grow with interest and our contributions to it from entry fees but, our entry fees increase as well.
When anyone in the region leadership is asked about the fate of the "Track Investment Fund" the answer is that "They are looking into it." Hmmmm.....

Appropriate quotable quotes could be "Show me the money" Jerry Maguire, or my favorite "Follow the money trail" Deep Throat, from All the Presidents Men.

I am I screaming foul? No. I am I saying that I will not race the MARRS series this year? No. I am saying as a business man that I cannot justify in my mind how this "not for profit" club/business money is being handled.

Next......
cheers
dave parker
WDCR HP#97
[/b]
Dave, yer starting to sound like someone else whom the Piggly Wiggly racing team knows and "loves". No, the track fund is not going to get anywhere near paying for a track, but it would be better than starting at dollar one if something did happen to our use of SP. I'd just like to make sure not a single cent gets used for something like a Solo or Rallycross site. The moment that money gets opened up to other use, it will become an instant slush fund.