Darin, provide some value or stop posting the same thing with no data. [/b]
After 17 plus pages I'm not sure what more can be said...

Look at the features of a Motec system, or any other aftermarket ECU, and compare that to what your ECU does today... A "Chip and Flash" setup (i.e.: Wolfe, etc..) allows alteration of the fuel maps, timing maps, the temps at which something turns on/off, etc...

It does NOT, if the rules are written correctly, allow a gang fire injection to be changed to a sequential... does NOT allow timing control where none existed previously, etc...

What it DOES do is allow the fuel mixture any other functions that it ALREADY CONTROLS to be optimized...

That's as FAR AS IT SHOULD GO... If the circuit didn't exist previously, it still doesn't... There isn't a single chip that is made for this application that can become an "ECU on a chip"... Too much signal conditioning and other support circuitry is involved... If it was something that was possible... or feasible... Silicone space is $$$$... the less the better from a manufacturing standpoint... WHY would they not have replaced these "big" ECUs with a single chip already? This is HYPE and should be weighed as such...

Open it up, you open up what it can do... NOTHING is off limits at that point, so just use your imagination, or read any of their literature, to see what you could and CAN do...

The bottom line is that IT should involve no more than possibly allowing an additional memory chip, or whatever else might be involved in accessing and "flashing" the fuel and/or timing tables and sensor settings... Anything beyond that is allowing a COMPLETE replacement of the factory FI scheme/design and would constitute another level of prep...

IT is about optimizing the factory systems... NOT outright replacing them... The rules can be worded to limit the ECU to exactly THIS, if that is the desire... which is the key to this whole thread... IS IT??

NOT sure how much more value I can attempt to add... It's simple "logic"... punn intended...