I.T. Festival approved by Cincinnati BoD

Ummm, you have no idea. :( I haven't raced since last June! All I've been doing is building a darn race car, and sitting it in from time to time making vroooom, vroooom sounds.

Should we put the party on the polling topic " Who's Coming"? Maybe have it say : Yes, only if the bonfire in the paddock can be seen from outer space:) LOL!

Todd

Ummm, you have no idea. :( I haven't raced since last June! All I've been doing is building a darn race car, and sitting it in from time to time making vroooom, vroooom sounds. [/b]

Maybe "Beano" would help with the last part...;)

Scratching head...what is Beano? Money??

The engine will be done this week and I'll begin working on getting that installed. Then it's time to get the cage installed in early Feb. Until those items are done, I can't do the other remaining stuff. (Paint interior and exterior, corner weight, kill switch, blah, blah, blah). I also found a leak coming from near the power steering gearing assembly, which I'll need to have someone look at.

Wow thats uhm a lot of work left. I have to pull my motor and rebuild the bottom end still. but I have till end of march at least before I want to have it back in so I can break in the motor during a PDX. After that I should be good to go.

All I've been doing is building a darn race car, and sitting it in from time to time making vroooom, vroooom sounds.
[/b]
Yea, we're going to need a video of this.

I don't really have much of anything to do on the ITA Integra other than design and install a new window net and its mounting. Thanks to the new FWD ITS weights (thanks, ITAC!) and the hope of competitiveness, the ITS Prelude is getting a pretty good overhaul with a diet and added power. The Civics are working hard at collecting dust.

Yea, we're going to need a video of this.

I don't really have much of anything to do on the ITA Integra other than design and install a new window net and its mounting. Thanks to the new FWD ITS weights (thanks, ITAC!) and the hope of competitiveness, the ITS Prelude is getting a pretty good overhaul with a diet and added power. The Civics are working hard at collecting dust.
[/b]

So says Mongo.....

Dave Gran, do google searches on "Blazing Saddles" and "Beano".
"Want some more beans, Mr. Taggart?"

Dave,

You can always turn the volume up on the Aussie V8 Supercars tonight. 12 a.m. and 1 a.m. est. Speed T.V.

To all,

BTW, the session schedule for each group is:

Saturday,

30 minute Qualifying

45 minute/ 25 lap race ( Lap times set the grid for Sunday morning )

Sunday,

30 minute / 15 lap qualifying race ( Sets the grid for Last race)

45 minute/ 25 lap race

Still working on the points system. Any suggestions?

Todd

Dave,

You can always turn the volume up on the Aussie V8 Supercars tonight. 12 a.m. and 1 a.m. est. Speed T.V.

To all,

BTW, the session schedule for each group is:

Saturday,

30 minute Qualifying

45 minute/ 25 lap race ( Lap times set the grid for Sunday morning )

Sunday,

30 minute / 15 lap qualifying race ( Sets the grid for Last race)

45 minute/ 25 lap race

Todd [/b]

Wow, aren't these races longer than the National runoffs, when they were @ Mid-Ohio? Looks good to me, one hell of a long sprint race. :eclipsee_steering:

Todd [/b]

2 points X your finishing position (1st - 2, 2nd - 4, 3rd - 6, etc) RACE 1 Sat afternoon

1 point X your finishing position (1st - 1, 2nd - 2, 3rd - 3, etc) Qual Race Sun morn.

2 points X your finishing position (1st - 2, 2nd - 4, 3rd - 6, etc) Race 2 Sun afternoon.

Lowest point total wins. Ties go to better placing finisher on Sunday afternoon race.

Have you decided on the format? Typical is "fastest lap" qualifier in the morning, race in the afternoon. Repeat on Sunday. There's been discussion of a Sunday morning race. Anything been decided about this? (or did I miss it?)

Have you decided on the format? Typical is "fastest lap" qualifier in the morning, race in the afternoon. Repeat on Sunday. There's been discussion of a Sunday morning race. Anything been decided about this? (or did I miss it?) [/b]

You missed it 3 posts above yours!

The format sounds awesome!

I am kinda thinking that there should be more emphasis on Sunday's race based on how its starting position is arrived at. Using Andy's approach, that might mean 3 points x finishing position for that race. Thoughts?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eagle7 @ Jan 19 2007, 09:50 PM) [snapback]102386[/snapback]
Have you decided on the format? Typical is "fastest lap" qualifier in the morning, race in the afternoon. Repeat on Sunday. There's been discussion of a Sunday morning race. Anything been decided about this? (or did I miss it?)
[/b]
You missed it 3 posts above yours!
[/b][/quote]
Marty, do you see what happens when you post after your bedtime? :P

Those 25 lap races are going to be looooooong. I think the longest I've ever done there is about 19-20 laps and it was noticably longer than the 14'ish we do on a typical double regional weekend. Wow, that should be fun! Kind of like the ARRC - you just need to survive the first half.

I'll have to think about the points system and see how I feel about it. Really, we're talking about a 65 lap, ~2 hour "championship" race here! Survival will definately be key.

Scratching head...what is Beano? Money??

Ah, Jake, these young guy. :rolleyes:

I also found a leak coming from near the power steering gearing assembly, which I'll need to have someone look at.
[/b]

Dave, powersteering "stuff" isn't that complicated. DIY. Plus, what's a little leaking powersteering fluid. My pump flogs it into a froth and spews it everywhere!!! That's how I change it!! :023:

Back