It would be interesting to see the response to a book that was broader in scope and less detailed. Something like "How to be a Racecar Driver".

We see a very broad spectrum of racers, including such extremes as drag boat drivers, monster truck drivers and Pikes Peak hill climbers (that guy races a Kenworth--honest to God), and the basic issues are the same. How much does it cost? What is a typical day at the track like? How much safety gear should I get? Should I build or buy my car? I know you have better things to do with your time than write the same book twice, but a more generalized book would serve a market 20 times the size.

But there is a negative factor also: Road racers aside, racers don't read. (Some would claim the oval guys can't read, but I'm not going there.) No one reads product instructions, for example. Hence, it would be interesting to do a video version of a generalized book, but that's taking you down a long road.

Then again, maybe you could get sponsors and buy time on Speed.

Oh, if you do the video, I strongly suggest you use professional personnel, like these:

Not just another pretty face, one of the Barton twins has a 600hp Supra.