Thread: Wheels

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

OK, after going over Greg's chart (my head was spinning like Linda Blair in the Exorcist ) and getting some pretty good info from different places, I got a pretty good idea of what I was up against. Since 30 offset is what the miata needs I had to figure that in also. My solution actually came right down the street at my friendly local (chain) tire store. Enkie RP-F1 41 offset 15X7 (((((9.8))))))POUNDS $185. I have some 10mm spacers on the way to get me close to 30 offset so things should be good.

Greg add these wheels to your chart and it should become a Wheel Sticky for the Forum!

Thanks for all the info especially the chart as it made me think hard on how far and how much I need to do. (And at what cost.)
    The other cool thing was I found another place to buy tires pretty cheap. I still plan on using the tire services at the tracks, (buying and mounting) but it is nice to have several local options.

Mac
    Mac Spikes
    Cresson, TX (Home of "The Original" MotorSport Ranch)
    "To hell with you Gen. Sheridan...I 'll take Texas!"

OK, after going over Greg's chart (my head was spinning like Linda Blair in the Exorcist ) and getting some pretty good info from different places, I got a pretty good idea of what I was up against. Since 30 offset is what the miata needs I had to figure that in also. My solution actually came right down the street at my friendly local (chain) tire store. Enkie RP-F1 41 offset 15X7 (((((9.8))))))POUNDS $185. I have some 10mm spacers on the way to get me close to 30 offset so things should be good.

Greg add these wheels to your chart and it should become a Wheel Sticky for the Forum!

Thanks for all the info especially the chart as it made me think hard on how far and how much I need to do. (And at what cost.)
    The other cool thing was I found another place to buy tires pretty cheap. I still plan on using the tire services at the tracks, (buying and mounting) but it is nice to have several local options.

Mac
    [/b]
    wouldnt you have to add in the weight of the spacers to compare? a 10mm deep alum probably weighs like 1-2 lbs?

Mac [/b]
    These wheels are all the rage in WC and GAC. We have a couple Miata's here that run them...they are sweet!

Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967