Thread: 944 weight reduction, any results

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The only data point you have given that has any relevance is Greg's info. You have supported the Milledge power numbers and provided a data point on the weight. THAT is productive.

Do you find it at all interesting that the two guys on the ITAC here who would be in support of the move (should it be warranted) BOTH run cars in ITA? The process is the process. Live by it, die by it...

BTW: It's tough to use sample data from another sanctioning body as we can't be expected to be experts in others rule sets. Get Greg to the ARRC or the Mid-Ohio IT festival in the 944 and we will all see first hand the data you are using. I Solo'd for years with Greg around and he is top-notch...actually trying to grab a spot on the ITAC for him but haven't seen his letter....
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

The only data point you have given that has any relevance is Greg's info. You have supported the Milledge power numbers and provided a data point on the weight. THAT is productive.

Do you find it at all interesting that the two guys on the ITAC here who would be in support of the move (should it be warranted) BOTH run cars in ITA? The process is the process. Live by it, die by it...

BTW: It's tough to use sample data from another sanctioning body as we can't be expected to be experts in others rule sets. Get Greg to the ARRC or the Mid-Ohio IT festival in the 944 and we will all see first hand the data you are using. I Solo'd for years with Greg around and he is top-notch...actually trying to grab a spot on the ITAC for him but haven't seen his letter....
    [/b]
    Which I still believe can be better and will discuss how with Greg whenn he returns. and Gregs numbers a few HP higher depending on what you use for drive losses. I don't find it interesting that the two of you drive ITA cars. There has never been a question of either of yours integrity and I defended it hard over the SIR deal if you remember right. As I stated many posts ago I can disagree with anyone and still respect what they think. I will continue to look at data. I am in the procees of trying to find a 944 to scale and dyno even if I have to buy one.....may be a market for a TopTech exhaust system if it makes power and is light.
    GTL Nissan Sentra
    DP 240sx
    Vintage BS 510
    ITS 240z
    I just type like a pompous ass!
    http://www.saveclubracing.com