The questions around classifying this car are based on HP figures given from ONE SINGLE engine builder, who supposedly builds the "best" Porsche engines for the 944... a big 2-valve, 2.5L, oversquare motor with good torque and RPMs, in a chassis that is 50/50 from the factory with HUGE brakes, and excellent handling... good aero too... Supposedly "cam" limited... (what IT car ISN'T "cam-limited"???)

[/b]
Because all of the best of breed 944's seem to use him as a builder and their complaints about power back up his claims of crank peaks.

If this car isn't competitive in ITS currently, it's for one of a several reasons... Either no one has given one a full-tilt effort... or one who has given a full-tilt prep effort can't drive full-tilt... or the top of ITS is still too high up there and needs further adjustment to bring it back in line...[/b]
Who cares about competitivness? All we want are cars that fit into the performance envelope they are designated for.

Maybe it's an East-Coast thing, because here on the West Coast, at thier OLD 2715lbs weight, they weren't that far off the mark of a Rebello or Top-Tech powered, full-tilt, well-driven 240Z... [/b]
Maybe if the PNW had more than 3 cars in ITS, you might have a proper sample. I checked MYLAPS up there and Greg F. hasn't run against more than 2 cars all year...unless I missed something.

BS Jake, there is a presumpttion of the value of certain adders and subtractors that is completely subjective by the folks that are doing the classing. While I trust that to a certain extent I don't trust it when you try to refine the classes down to a knats ass which is what is happening if you think moving a competitive ITS car to ITA is doing the right thing. Maybe it is the right thing if you are trying to shuffle the whole group downword over a period of time.

[/b]
Why do we have to keep saying that it isn't about competitiveness? If we WERE to talk about results, I am 100% sure your view is sku'd buy the limited sample size you have up there. There isn't one 944 8V winning races in a decent sized field that I can think of anywhere in the country. Please correct me if I am wrong...

But AGAIN, it&#39;s about whether or not this can can make 2575. If it can, it should stay in ITS, if it can&#39;t, then ITA at a new process weight should be considered...<insert broken record sound>