Ahhh, this is my favorite stuff to do!

ITS
Kip VanSteenburg may have tied in points, but he did so with only 7 finishes (all wins) and a DNF at the NARRC Runoffs. He has to be considered the guy to beat. What car will he drive? When he finishes, he wins. Driscoll and Henderson will be in ITS IMHO. They have way to much blood, sweat, and tears into those E46's. They both will be RIGHT there. The 3D team with Maynard at the wheel will be a factor. they have the SIR figured out and have actually developed the suspension! The Runoffs win was the best race of the weekend. I think he would have gone 1:01's if he didn't have to do so much door to door racing! Wildcards: Mark Gregory lays down some killer lap times and Jeff Harding's second full year will show he is a serious factor at NHIS. Russ Jones had a win and multiple podiums - but both Harding and Jones have to move up on grid at LRP to be a factor for year end. I think ITS is gonna rock. My pick: VanSteenburg

ITA
Rick Benazic rededicating himself to ITA will prove costly for all of us. He ran only 4 races last year and STILL came in 7th. A win and 3 seconds...a trip to Pocono to unleash the Serra power on us will have him an early season points leader. Hunter will also be one to watch. He could probably be the fasted NHIS car in the field and is always a threat at LRP. If he gets to Pocono, he will also be exiting May in the top 3 in points. Timmy K. will get that Teg sorted and he will be in the exact same spot as these other Teg guys. Joe DiMinno has shown huge speed. He is amped up and ready to take on the NARRC. He will shine at Pocono and will place well at LRP - and if he gets any type of track time at NHIS, he will also be right there. Jeff Lawton just needs to pony up for some tires and he is there. I mean THERE. Watch for him to be a car to beat at LRP in 2007. He has the car reliable, has some seat time and it has shown it can really pound the pavement. Wildcards: Brandon Bogart can run with anyone at NHIS if his car is well, running. They have just finished an engine development program that have them putting out huge power numbers. A full assault on the NARRC schedule will be great. Nobody has seen him in the ITA car at LRP in recent history but he has PLENTY of laps there. Victor Gangi will be back in another InTEGra. He was missed last year after the crash but we all know he can win races at either track. ***Now I have never been a big fan of winning anything when the Big Dog leaves the class so I will put this out there to poke him a little: Last year was the lull before the storm in ITA. Some fast cars at the beginninng of their development, fast drivers in new cars, and a multi-time champ out of the picture. I think Greg Amy needs to come back and try and defend. He holds both track records at NHIS and is the fastest car on track at Pocono, but can he place high enough at LRP to secure a 2nd Brass Ring? He has said he didn't have much fun last year...so maybe he is content to sit out and watch the sparks fly. With his MR2 project gone, I think he will be back but it's no guarantee he can repeat with this level of competition and the schedule...The Mosquito will be the car to beat at LRP, will be dead at Pocono and will have to fight for every inch at NHIS, but will be in the mix at the end. "If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best" My pick: PICK 'EM

ITB
The Blethens will always be a factor. They run hard but last year had effectively 7 DNF's between them if you count limping around the track just trying to cross the S/F line. Seeing their schedule, it looks like they may not be at enough events to compete. If they do, and they can finish consistantly, I see a Championship in their future. Tim Mullen had one win and 6 podiums last year. He epitomizes speed and consistancy. Tough to beat that combination. Paul Curren ran a limited schedule last year but had a win and 2 podiums. That red Volvo is getting faster every event. Wild cards: Scott Carlson, Dave Gran and Derek Lugar. Each has shown that when they show up, they can win. Just depends on the entries. Will Dave decide he wants to run for the roses by showing up at more than LRP? Will Lugar show up at anything other than NHIS? Will Carlson show up at all? My pick: Mullen

ITC
Eric Parham pretty much dominated last year although he did run 2 more events than anyone in the class. Horton is selling his Rabbit so that leaves Brian Megliola, Ed Funk and Stephanie Funk. Brian is quick and the Funks have some off-season car repair to do. I think Ed can make a serious run at it if he does more than 6 events but...My pick: Parham