Thread: Moving from IT to Prepared ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I may be missing something, but wouldn't any 1990+ IT car with a prod-legal cage and fuel cell be eligible for prepared (with a few other minor changes)? Obviously it would take a s*#tload more work to be even close to competitive, but if some IT guy just wanted to dip his toe into the national scene couldn't it be done?
    Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

I may be missing something, but wouldn't any 1990+ IT car with a prod-legal cage and fuel cell be eligible for prepared (with a few other minor changes)? Obviously it would take a s*#tload more work to be even close to competitive, but if some IT guy just wanted to dip his toe into the national scene couldn't it be done?
    [/b]
    Provided that your cage meets the rules, yes (mine does). For example, it requires the forward bars to the firewall, which are optional in SS/IT.

I studied this, the only changes I would have to make to my ITR car to be Prepared-legal are:
    Hood pins
    Driveshaft loops
    Windshield clips
    17x8 wheels (narrower than ITR)
    intake restrictor

As you point out though, it would take a LOT more to be competitive, especially since two of those mods will slow the car down! I don't know what the point of just showing up to a National race is though if your car is going to be 10+ seconds behind the class.

Josh Sirota
    ITR '99 BMW Z3 Coupe