I got my GCR today and read the D Prepared rules (basically WC Touring). I love the rules set

I'm speaking only for those who are fans of WC and Touring car type racing in general. We are the guys who "Tivo" the WC TC, BTCC and WTCC shows on Speed. In "our opinion" we like cars that look like the FIA Touring Cars that run everywhere else in the world. There is a large group who appreciate the look of a "stock car" yet appreciate the freedom of real race prep and creativity underneath. True, the cars will ultimately be far more expensive than IT, but the class is for those interested in the next level of prep and engineering, not for the entry level guy looking to race on a small budget.

The fields will be very small at first and in fact the class may never see the "IT like" numbers that I personally would like. However, for a team like mine that wants to take a club racing car beyond IT prep yet has no interest in running what we see as somewhat antiquated Production car rules.... this new class looks great to us.

Personally I think that it's good that there is another avenue for up and coming (or just dreaming) TC drivers to choose from. If you dream to be an SCCA Prod class national champion you can move from IT to Ltd. Prod to Prod... if you prefer to someday race in World Challenge or Grand Am Cup or CTCC etc, this new class is just the ticket before you take the "pro plunge". I think this has the opportunity to steal some PCA, BMWCCA and USTCC teams who are looking for more door banging and perhaps less 13-13.

The question is, are there enough out there thinking like I do? Afterall the USTCC series under NASA has had dismal attendance (only 3 cars finished at Mid-O). Not a good sign... I guess only time will tell.

So the 2007 season has already started out west and down south. Has anyone seen a D Prep car?