Thread: Regional Races for Regional License?

Hi guys.. I have a race ready Honda prelude (IT-R class). I took the SCCA school last year, but have yet to finish my race requirements. I know we need 2 regional races, but do they have be in 2 different weekends or can this be completed in 1 double race weekend?

Thanks,

One weekend. They must be different sanction numbers, but I'm pretty sure they can't run a double weekend without multiple sanctions.
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)

One weekend. They must be different sanction numbers, but I'm pretty sure they can't run a double weekend without multiple sanctions. [/b]
    It would be marketing fluff if they called it a double without two sanctions but some Regions do it to save the money. A tip-off might be only one set of points for the whole weekend. Make sure your double does have the 2 sanction numbers and you will be all set.

Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Hi guys.. I have a race ready Honda prelude (IT-R class). I took the SCCA school last year, but have yet to finish my race requirements. I know we need 2 regional races, but do they have be in 2 different weekends or can this be completed in 1 double race weekend?

Thanks,
    [/b]
    just need two races that have different sanction numbers. can be same weekend. make sure you check that there are two sanction numbers....regions CAN run two races in a weekend under the same sanction number. we are doing that in the wdcr this year for the labor day race weekend.

Regions can and do run multiple races under one sanction number. Best advice is RTFS - Read The F***ing Supps - as they will list sanction numbers at the top.
    Tom Sprecher