Thread: Your opinion please.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

what I heard from Joe Marko is that the committee is now voting on the proposal to lower the Fz from 4000 to 2500N, so perhaps it isn't a done deal (??) I asked him what scientific evidence the reduction was based on, but haven't heard back from him yet ... (not holding my breath).

SFI Foundation -> SFI Trade Organization would be an appropriate name change right about now ...
    cheers,
    bruce
    [/b]
    Yeah, they have ZERO credibility now in my book....... I bought a Leatt BTW so it smarts worse for me.

presumably, Leatt have certification on their current device, and will have it until the recertification time comes around (two years, I believe). And, any devices that have the "SFI 38.1 certified" label on them should be acceptable to any sanctioning bodies forever since those don't expire.
    bruce

Yeah, they have ZERO credibility now in my book....... I bought a Leatt BTW so it smarts worse for me.
    [/b]

presumably, Leatt have certification on their current device, and will have it until the recertification time comes around (two years, I believe). And, any devices that have the "SFI 38.1 certified" label on them should be acceptable to any sanctioning bodies forever since those don't expire.
    bruce
    [/b]
    But Leatt says the product is only good for three years.
    Gregg Baker, P.E.
    Isaac, LLC
    http://www.isaacdirect.com