Since I like putting specific numbers to discussions when they come up...

The TOTAL difference in insurance and sanction fee costs between a 'non-spectator Regional or National' and a 'spectator Regional or National' is $250. The costs are listed on the SCCA insurance rate sheets/sanction forms, both of which are on-line. No difference in sanction fees, just the liability insurance.

That $250 is a 'total' number. Not dependant on the number of spectators. Not dependant on the number of cars. Not dependant on the phase of the moon. "All in, all done". $250. Sold.

Clarity is a rare commodity. Just providing a small gift for the holiday season. You all owe me a beer. [/b]
I can't believe any of the tracks and car related businesses (and even non car related) out there are not taking advantage of this, doing a little cable marketing and take advantage of the bigger regionals and making some damn money?!? Someone start the "Grassroots Motorsports Network" and but the best races on TV and sell TV ads to cover costs. Hell I've only been in ITS for 2 yrs now but I've been in more and better races than any time I've raced previously. Other than a few cheaters here in other classes who just walk away from the field (LOL and no one protests them), I've seen some very good racing. Someone with some insight to this business and with more money that I have, could do very well I would think. I'm also a proponent on the IT Pro series in the SE. I can't for the life of me understand why this is not spreading? Maybe everyone is happy with the hunk of wood they win?

JohnRW, I'll buy you one ifI ever see you @ WGI.