My No. 1 pet peeve - we a have rule that is fairly clear and then someone in Topeka says it says something totally different.
No. 2 - many if not most drivers agree w/ it, not because it makes sense, but because it benefits them.

Really, most of these seemingly stupid rules are quite logical when you read them in the context of the class philosophy. Note these terms in the ITCS: "low cost cars," "limited modifications," "restrict modifications to those useful and necessary to construct a safe race car," "inexpensive cars." The gist is that IT is a stock-based class and the default rule is that they stay stock except as "useful and necessary" to make a safe and decent car for racing. I.e. they remain primarily stock cars - they are not intended to be, as someone mentioned, "real race cars." They have washer bottles simply because they came w/ washer bottles and there is no compelling reason why they should be removed. Many of the exceptions have been necessary to level the playing field among different cars. The issues more and more people are having w/ the rules really have more to do w/ the underlying philosophy than the rules themselves. Now, sure, you can start pointing to one rule and say that if that is allowed then this other mod should be allowed, but most of those are themselves failures to keep the rules w/i the philosophy. That's what drives rules creep. At some point we either have to change our attitude, change the philosophy, or change classes.

That said, I sure would like jack plates/points.