OK I was shooting my mouth off on this one I know, but come on guys - there are more people that want to race than there are hours in the day for everyone to have their own run group. Even at the runoffs they're talking about limiting the number of groups that get to race. We (Improved Touring) happen to be the 400 pound gorrilla when it comes to regional racing. We have a lot of say. Put yourself in the shoes of the FV guy who loves to race and puts up w/ running w/ whom ever he's stuck w/ simply so he can go racing against the other 6 guys in Vee's that showed up.

Traffic is part of it, always will be. You can only control it by using your head, just like anticipating tire pressure changes, but sometimes you will get it wrong & your race won't be so good. If that car isn't faster than you, how did it get in front of you? If you are really going to pull away from it, passing it should be easy.

Lots of traffic - 54 cars on a 2 mile track (waiver to run that many). Lap time differential across the field - 12 seconds a lap. If you get in the car as a second or third stint driver, you will rarely go a lap w/o being involved in a pass or getting set up on one.

First race I ever ran was ITS/ITE/AS. Rain for the qualifier, dry & sunny for the race which made for an inverted grid. It never seemed to be a problem.