What is your definition of 'traffic' Matt? I agree with you when you are talking about lapped traffic. Setting up run groups that provide the best racing is what this is all about.
[/b]
yes, setting up the run groups is key. you don't want what we had with its/as where the top of each class had to not only battle each other, but had to battle the cars in the other class at the same time. all the while ducking when the gt1 cars blew through. it became more of an exercise in survival and frustration than good racing.

Some one mentioned a fast and slow group running together at one time . ITS and ITC ran together for two seasons if I remember correctly . Fortunatly the ITS guys played nice with us lowly C cars. Mr. York was turning times ten seconds faster than the average ITC car. The flaggers did a very good job with blue flags for our group.
Roger Troxell
Marrs ITC Civic #90
[/b]
i will toss a lot of credit to the itc drivers during that period! outstanding mirror watching by all. made it easy for us its cars to minimize negative interaction and keep out of your race!

running with a slower class like that does add an additional "game" to the race though....on the last lap needed to calculate how far ahead of the nearest competitor you were so you knew how much you could lift in order to NOT lap any itc cars near the end....

marshall
marrs ITS/R BMW #64