Scott,

Why are you in favor of the bonus race? It just means that you can run less races and win the championship.
[/b]
Hmmmm.... good point. I have had the bonus race benefit me (this year) and hurt me (2004). However I do believe that most of the time the deserving party is wining the Championship - bonue race or no bonus race. Keep in mind that you do have to start and finish 4 races before the Bonus Race points are doubled. Maybe more races should be added to this requirement?

I guess I look at the Bonus race as being the closest thing that we have to an end of season Championship. I may be wrong but I think that double points were offered as a way to increase the number of drivers with a shot at the Championship or a year end award. It also creates an event that has added draw and as a result may put drivers on the track at the same time that have not faced off all year.

I'll send an E-mail to Rocky. He may be able to add some perspective.

Long before I was a driver I worked for KC Raceware busting tires. In those years I attended all of the races on the Mid Div calendar. As I recall the Bonus race was pretty special back then and provided good racing.

Let keep the ideas flowing