As an aside, I don't really think that putting the tank in the frunk is a good idea. You'll be adding to the polar moment of the car, and I think your turn-in characteristics would be hurt more than the improvement in balance you'd gain. I suggest a better alternative location is in the cockpit on the passenger side of the car, as close to CG as possible, or slightly forward.

Ben, no action on the car. Burned out mentally and financially, and it's not a priority right now. First focus is to get the NX2000 back online (we had to disassemble the top end after the ARRC race) and then I'll start playing with the Toyota.

But, of course, I have a lot of optimism for it. Consider the bogey for the class right now is the NX2000, Acura Integra, and Mazda Miata; the question you have to ask yourself is "can this car beat those?". If I didn't think so, I wouldn't bother. However, the MR2 overtook dominance in SSB after the NX's reign, so that's a plus; despite the strut suspension I believe the better balance and RWD characteristics would indicate an improvement in handling versus the egg.

So, the only other unknown is power: can the MR2's 2.2L stroker engine develop the legs in comparison to the NX? That remains to be seen. But at only 30 pounds heavier than the NX I think it'll be a fun fight... - GA