>> "You've legislated the CRX out of competition"
>> My reaction was that no way is the car uncompetitive

Judging from this video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoGGTZ-UoCk
You either can't brake and turn :P OR the CRX is still a light, nimble very effective car.
So, I vote for the latter. In fact, I saw a few areas in this where either the Honda or the driver were not "optimized" and in my opinion he could have been glued to your bumper, or past you a few times.

The same reason the SIR Bimmer guys boycotted Road Atlanta this year is a major reason why the Nissan ruled that day. HP! Now if you had raced those Hondas at Mid-Ohio perhaps they all would have spanked you.

Road Atlanta is an HP track. I had the same advantage in my Corrado at WGI and Road Atlanta this year. We'd like to think it was all driver, but car choice and prep are a bigger part of it. eg: At Nelson, a handling track we know VERY well, we were still 3 seconds off the record pace this year. 3 seconds! And I shudder to think what would happen if I went to LRP with the Corrado.

Point is, racing evolves. Are we going to turn into a bunch of old farts that dont want anything but CRX, GTI, RX7 etc to win? Remember the MG, Triumph, Healey crowd? They did this an nearly killed the club. NASA is coming...wake up!

>>I honestly think it is a very difficult track to really get right.
>> Road Atlanta can take a while to get that last 5% out of.

Yes. Yes it can. :P I was lost all day Thursday after being away for years. I know others from up here mentioned the same thing. There are a lot of tricks and while I thought I remembered them all, like Golf, 'executing" is a whole different story.