Ben, I've gone through the rules again, and I can't find any allowance for fuel tank in the front of mid-engine cars. HOWEVER, the rule does state that the fuel cell must be "within 12 inches of original location."

I clarified that with Sven Pruett several years ago, and it's been confirmed by others, that if any part of the old tank is within any part of the new fuel cell - in other words, if you can take a 1-foot school ruler and touch any part of both concurrently, ignoring firewalls, panels, and such - then it's a legal installation. An illustration of this is Serra's installation of a fuel cell where the passenger seat was in Lorenzo's CRX.

So, it all boils down to where your stock fuel tank is. From reading above, someone said the Fiery's fuel tank was near the shifter? Get under there and find it, then see if you can install a fuel cell in the "frunk" within 12 inches of it. If so, you're set.

And don't forget to remove the original fuel tank; the rules specifically say "replace", not install... - GA