Again John tries to deflect the focus on corrupt management...

First, if John were smart he would note that Sarbannes applies to public companies. I simply relayed the theoretical principles of the proposed act to a 501C as did the Harvard Law Review. THe fact of the matter is that the act became immediately effective in July of 2002, before the Fran Am filing and the act had been scratched out many years before. Legal analysts didn't start examining it only after it become law John. And if you want to call Erik Skirmants and ask him about the brief I sent him, go right ahead. The principles of Sarbannes were being bandied about since the early 90's.

Now to the real BS. I say the club abuses club racing in reference to insurance. John says "who cares, it's cheaper than NASCAR". Nice argument. Just wondering if anyone knew that solo didn't even start paying insurance until the late 90's. They had a free ride for many, many years on club racing's nickel. And John knew that. Funny he didn't mention it.

Peter Lyon is both risk manager and corporate counsel for SCCA. He is also corporate counsel for Wisenberg insurance and works out of their offices. He quotes rates for the BoD and they say yea or ney. Peter Lyon is neither licensed to do so in Kansas nor is he a member of the bar there. I have talked to the insurance commissioner's office there and that's a big no-no. Peter is also responsible for creating the "spectator" event. Made him a huge commission and was a way around raising premiums by increasing the liability rate for "spectators". Like we have spectators in any volume larger than ten years ago. But the bigger problem is that club racing pays for it. THen there's one more deal. Solo has no reconcilliation for their events. That's an interesting thing because it allows regions to submit whatever they want on their audits unlike club racing which must submit a list of entries and starters. Problem is some regions got really greedy and instead of telling Topeka there were 30 entrants instead of the actual 100 they had, they decided to tell Topeka that they cancelled the event altogether. Hence, no payment due and not even a sanction fee! THat was until an SCCA official happened to be at one of those events...HAHAHA. Regional officials are such idiots.

Now I don't know what happened as a result because the employee who was working on this left SCCA before resolution, but as far as I know, nothing has been done. That irks me. Another cover up. This entire issue is about solo not paying their way and conflict of interest. It's not about SCCA insurance being affordable. It's not about the BoD's penchant for playing corporate kingpins. It's about regional officials and Topeka manipulating club racing to secure solo and other non-racing areas of the club to satisfy their own personal egos and more importantly, votes.

Jake can kiss John's ass all day long but in the end of the day he's only supporting the effort to rape club racers and use their money to support other areas of the club that provide no benefit. When the club is broke and becomes a bandit organization you can thank regional officials like John for prepetuating the SOP that got us to this point. Anyone who can read a balance sheet should be able to tell we're in real trouble. But if you take out club racing and eliminate Topeka's $4.9 M overhead, club racing would be doing just fine. Get rid of solo, the convention, University, rally and all of the rest of the crap and we'd have a nice little organization and nest egg. Find a buyer for Enterprises, start marketing Pro in a way that promotes the club and we're on the right track. Oh yea... fire 80% of the Topeka staff. They're totally useless.

One sidenote... In a story relayed to me by one employee in Topeka... I was starting to think Jeff Denhart was one of the bad guys here but I never said anything because I didn't know (John's wrong BTW. I don't accuse unless I have proof and/or support). But there's a story about how he got upset at the way club racing was being hit with so much expense yet solo and other functions were getting all the resources. He went around the office in Topeka with a tape measure to calculate what each department's allocation of expenses should be. Good for you Jeff... Bottom line is that it went nowhere. I was told that Howard Duncan, a big solo guy, put the kabash on it and left the allocation the way it was with the thumbs up from the BoD.

We're being ripped off guys and John is an agent for that ripoff. What he says is only to protect that operating procedure and continued support of non-racing functions and individuals without disruption.

And to you John... Please cite one thing I've said that isn't factual. You ask for "proof" and I've supplied the data and information. All you've done is spouted out anecdotal information and accused me of "flinging crap" and that the medium of communication is flawed. I have provided proof. You are the one "flinging crap". Time for you to prove that these things AREN'T happening.