MK2 MR-2 in ITA

You'll see it soon enough, Ben, don't you worry...

;)
[/b]

I'll be hunting the ARRC and NARRC champion! Or maybe it's the other way around - I think I was referred to as "fresh meat"! :unsure: :P

I'll be hunting the ARRC and NARRC champion! Or maybe it's the other way around - I think I was referred to as "fresh meat"! :unsure: :P
[/b]

Come to ITA little boy........... ;) he he he. We've got some candy for you...........

This sounds like a good race/fight :bash_1_: between Greg and Benspeed. They are going to spend so much money trying to out run each other. we can get some racing budget from this if we are smart.

Tell you guys what I will do. :D i wont call your wives and tell them how much cash its going to take for you two to win over each other if you buy some tires for me. what say?? sounds fair to me. I am going to race my wifes SUV this year and a set of 265/70/17 will work just fine. i also would like to get rid of that ugly spare wheel and have all five a match set.

Lawrence

... must... stop... watching... threads... on... topic... tempting... to... build... fiero... ITA... car... wife... will... kill... me... aghhh!

... must... stop... watching... threads... on... topic... tempting... to... build... fiero... ITA... car... wife... will... kill... me... aghhh!
[/b]

Giver her my phone number and she can call me if I need to come over for the intervention. Or she and I can got out and have a beer and laugh about you out in the garage working on a Fiero. :)

Cameron's wife has a Fiero weakness and he keeps threatening to find her one, in hope that she'll get over it.

K

The SPO car will be the big $$

My wife did end up liking the Fiero after it was painted black - copper was a pretty bad color.

Looks like we have a cage builder lined up so I think we really are going to put these cars on the track. I know better - do not build - stupid....

What the hell - otherwise the winter will be pretty boring! :birra:

Kirk... problem is, Melinda doesn't see it as anything other than me not being happy with what I got. Heck, she's doesn't understand why I want to put a LSD and bushings in the Honda, since I just got the new motor in it... "i cant leave well enough alone" :D

On the other hand... I have a friend, who's '86 GT has been sitting in his driveway, motionless, for the better part of 7 years. I could arrange for him to "give it to me" so that I could "make it streetable again".

Jeff, remember our conversation? Sometimes it's best to stay away from the desire, and go with the norm. Honda's, Mazda's and VWubs are the norm, right?

Besides, wouldn't it just be better to let everyone in ITA go off to the 1.8 Miata's and then I could buy their CRX's for cheap?

I mean, there's other issues here... like: is there a LSD available for the Fiero? what about final drive gearing?

hoop

As I have learned in Triumph land, if you have $$$, there are always answers.

Build the fiero....build the fiero...live the dream.....lol....

"As I have learned in Triumph land, if you have $$$, there are always answers."

and there is the other missing equation! :D

lets just say... i'll form a commitee to investigate the plausability, as well as the social and economic impacts of a project such as this. ;)

"As I have learned in Triumph land, if you have $$$, there are always answers."

and there is the other missing equation! :D

lets just say... i'll form a commitee to investigate the plausability, as well as the social and economic impacts of a project such as this. ;)
[/b]

That means you are going to build a camel. a camel is a horse built by committee you know.
Lawrence

Here's an interesting "camel" story.

As you know, Ron has a yet to debut ITS Jensen Healey that in fact actually runs pretty good right now. We are expecting big things from it next year, probably wrongly, but anyway.

Last year, we were looking around for a LSD for it. Nothing. Finally, we heard that something calleda Vauxhall Dropsnoot Forenza (I kid you not) had the same rear end as the JH and had an optional Salisbury derived LSD.

Now that is a camel my friends!

Funny you mention that....it's spit brown petroleum lubricant before.....

Chuck's Fiero seemed to have good power at CMP last year and the driveline components can't be that rare. I mean, it is a GM product. Got to be an LSD and R&P out there for it somewhere.

Were the ever raced in Showroom Stock?

Actually, they were raced in IMSA. don't know abou SS. I do know that Huffaker did a lot of stuff with them, but that's all gone now.

Tranny's are a bit of a week point... well, 5spd's. The Getrag is the same design as the Porsche. However it was only available in this configuration (rwd) in the 86.5-88 v6 cars. Berreta's, Corsica's and their GM twins used the same trany, but they need to be slightly modified to work (the linkage). I don't know if tech would like that or not. As I said, the '88 has it's own brakes and suspension... no sharing there. The earlier car's have parts shared with other GM's.

The engine is a "High Output" version of the 2.8l used in the 80's. There is a slight diference. Pre 88 they were externally ballanced and I would imagine that the '88s are rare to come by since less than 20,000 were made, afterwards GM switched to the 3.1l and the the 3400 DOHC... the engine intended for the 2nd Gen Fiero.

If I could run that in a Fiero.... then I would be out there for sure!

hoop

What power and torque does the 2.8 make? I drove a non-GT 5spd one time and the car was quick. Certainly in stock trim as fast as a 240sx.

It seems on paper the car could be competitive.

Back