Trust me on this - the 1.8 Miata ain't gonna lose any weight. Believe dat. The process is the process. If anything, it would gain weight if something was discovered incorrect with the numbers that had it putting out more hp than predicted - and supported by a competitive imbalance.

Lawton - that picture was 200 yards from the START!!! Heck - even YOU are in the picture...so you know it's early in the race!!!! The car is good - no doubt, but it doesn't race well on certain tracks...as expected. When you get tires that are from the same decade as we are racing in, you can chime in...

I have about 3-5 more whp to find. The motor is done and the ECu is half way there. I expect a legit 135-136 and 122tq at the wheels. Bob Stretch can chime in but IIRC, he did a traditional IT build on his SM and found it was well below his expectations. Many people will find this when they build them. Gains are hard to come by.

The process weight had the 1.8 at TEN pounds higher (2390) but was decide on 2380 due to cage crossover issues. I verified with the CRB that there WAS indeed precident to raise the weight and grandfather the cage size should it need a PCA.

Greg knows his cars but I disagree that this car will become Teg/CRX dominant. On anything but momentum tracks, it will get out-powered. The Mosers may feel like they had no chance at the ARRC, but the CRX and the NX2000 were turning the same lap times...just in different ways. That is the way it is for the Miata everywhere but momentum tracks like Lime Rock.

And in the 8 months we developed this car for ITA, we ran 4 sets of springs, two rear sway bars, two air intakes, 2 final drives, two cylinder heads, and 6 full test days. How does that compare to most efforts? And remember, the knowledge base and available parts for these cars is light years ahead of most stuff. It's an accellerated effort no doubt - but far from anything to be scared about. My offseason plans include dyno tuning - that is it.

I will challenge you Greg my boy, the 240SX and the Teg are the best combo of power and handling. The 240 is just too hard to keep together for most. But time will tell. Maybe in 2 years we will be talking about the Gen 2 MR-2!