Thought I'd share my ARRC expierence. Basic car setup Hoosier 225/45R15, 31 psi to start, -1* camber 5* caster and zero toe up front. -1.5 camber and zero toe rear. 350# front srings and 275# rears. Car weighed 2679 with full fuel and driver. THe handling improved ove the previous set up, but the 275# rear springs proved too soft for Road Atlanta. THe left rear would bottom out in 1, 7, 10b, and hit really solid at the dip in 12. 12 was so bad that the car would stop turning creating a double apex. The best we were able to get with this setup was 1:51.
It was a unique weekend problems aside. My driving partner drove the ProIT where he scored the 1:51. He finished 34th. I drove the ARRC. I fouled a plug and lost a cylinder in lap ten which forced me to retire from the race. I finished 34th. All this in car # 34. Anybody out there willing to trade for number 1? LOL. My best time for the weekend was a 1:54, and that was on hoosiers with 11 heat cycles, and the car bottoming out as indicated above.
I had a hair raising expierence going into turn one early in the race. The throttle pedal stuck on the floor when i lifted for braking. I left foot braked, pried the pedal loose with my right toe and turned in at almost full speed. I managed to keep it on track until just before the top of the hill where the two left wheels got into the grass. I managed to gather it up and get back on track in time for two. Still haven't found out what or why it stuck. The cable appears to be ok so I will be replacing the pivot block.
The ARRC weekend was a blast. Looking forward to next year. Now if only i can trade for a smaller number.

Chuck
88 Pontiac Fiero
ITA #34