What's the risk of a 23 year old with five accidents on his driving record and a DUI getting in a Viper in a public school parking lot with 200 people standing around?

This is an autocrossing club now. It's all about them not us.
[/b]
I don't see any risk in the 23 year old you mentioned above... How many autocrossers have you seen drinking at the parking lot? Your ability to get through the cones has nothing to do with your number of DUI's and the number of accidents you have had.

Now, lets look at the risk of your 23 year old at Road Racing circut??? hummm not much difference IMO...
but if you did want to throw stones, I see a much bigger risk having an accident prone, drunk driver, driving around our padock that has far more "action" than the autocross padock. Also when was the last time you saw a person in the padock at a road race drinking??? Unfortunatly from what I have sceen it is far more common than at an Autocross, not only during the day after thier "specific race" but also at the end of the day after all the races are over.

This insurance crap is absolute BS and should be stopped. Let them pay their own damn bill. Take $20 dollars off every one of our entry fees because that's about what it adds up to. And you are worng about the entry fees. Check the insurance premiums charged to the region for each sanction. $46 per driver is just insurance.

All I ask is that each department carry their own P&L and GL. Is that asking too much?
[/b]
I am not sure if that is asking to much or not and/or if something needs to done about it, simply because I like many others don't understand all of it. I do however trust those that run my region and feel that if something was ascue they would be doing the things necessary to correct them, afterall thats why I voted for them.

Unfortunatly for you, SCCA is a democracy much like our government and while we don't agree with everything the people at the top are doing, all we can do is vote for people we trust and hope that those people are in positions to fix the things that need the most important attention. Unfortunatly for us we also need to coexist with the protestors such as yourself even if we don't agree with it or don't want to be bothered by it.

Raymond "How do you feel about our own Mr. Bush?" Blethen