James and others the prices and facts can be found in this document:

http://www.scca.com/_FileLibrary/File/2006RateSheet.pdf

Jake, Buddy stay on the committees your on your doing good work but don't just automatically shoot a deal down cause Matt presented it. There are serious finacial issues going on and they need to be paid attention too.

I would also add that liability is likely the biggest cost of this club insurance and that liability is the same at any speed. 1 spectator or extra gets hurt at either event, It will be the liability that get charged. At this point only Road Racing is paying liability insurance and that fee is a big nut.

I see no way that they can include liability at 4.50 a car.

Let me also say it is not just about insurance and this is worth talking about. BAd choices are being made all the time and that is what continues to raise our costs as drivers. I will ask this all of you. Would you take 300k out of a safe investment making 5% and loan it to Pro racing on nothing more than a signature for 4% interest? Anyone that says yes to that my corporation wants to borrow money from. The real deal is finding qualified people to make good choices for the future of this club to run for office. There are some very good candidates right here on this board. Discussion is the only way that things will ever change. SO IT IS NOT A WASTE OF TIME IN THIS CASE.