Andy - I was surprised, and pleased, to look over and see Rob in the car for the post-race, so I handed him the flag. He told me he wanted to see the track, and I hear he knocked over a couple of people trying to get in the car (grin). JoeD says the backpack is gay, though.

Tom, the red MR-2 is my buddy JD from Tennessee (Jim Daniels - no, not that one). He said he didn' think the car was turning in like he'd like, so he purposefully drove off the track so he wouldn't hold us up(!). We had a conversation later about it, as it really wasn't the right thing to do; if you watch my head in the mirror you'll see that I actually had to drive WAY offline and turn to watch him to make sure he wasn't coming back across, then I ended up high-centering the car on the right hand berm going into T5 (listen closely and you can hear the "gritch".)

Contrast that to the RX-7 in the lap immediately prior.

As for the sideways action in T10, best I can figure there must have been some dirt at the edge of the track at turn-in; plus, I also notice that I had down-shifted just a tad bit sooner, causing higher revs. I'm guessing the combination of stuff on the track plus just *that* much more weight transfer caused the rear end to come around. I was extremely fortunate to be pointing the right way to gather it back up; I nailed the throttle and unwound the steering wheel and squirted outta there... - GA