Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fiero or Mustang?

yes the Formula and Gt are on the same spec line and the Formula was wingless.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Cool - I don't think that wing does anything but add weight to the wrong side of the car. Looks cool.....sorta....

The hard part about the Fiero is getting Camber in the front wheels.
    Chris "The Cat Killer" Childs
    Angry Sheep Motorsports
    810 417 7777
    angrysheepmotorsports.com

IT,SM,SS,Touring, and Super Touring

This is great! I never thought my question would generate such a response.

The rear wing on the Formula is standard equipment, but an option on GT's(is that weird or what?) but it lowers drag by .02 (yes, it really does somethong other than look good...just not very much)

Getting camber on the front of an 84-87 is tough, but the '88 is much better. I ran -1.5 on mine for street/autocross with room to spare.

Remember, the '88 has a suspension and brake design unqine to its model year. It is a massive improvement over the 84-87 cars. I have owned both and there is no comparison. The brakes are the same for all '88 models, suspension varied slighty with spring rates, sway bars, and alignment specs. 4 cylinder cars did not have a rear sway bar. Formula and GT cars were the same underneath except the tires. '88 cars were stuck with 6" wide wheels in the front versus the 7" of the 86-87 GT. But with ITA allowing 7" all around, this helps the understeer issue a bit. I also found that NOT taking weight out of the front seems to help keep it planted too.

Both 4 and V-6 cars suffer from the same thing, overweight and underpowered (typical GM) and don't seem too popular here I am finding.

But I may give it a shot anyhow...Good V-6 cars are sort of expensive, and I'd hate to tear one up, so I'll most likely build a 4 banger for ITB.

Yes, buying a completed car is much smarter, but the build is 1/2 the fun right?
    Other than 2 cases of Jolt and duct tape, what could we possibly need?

i race a mustang in the north carolina area and although i have never finished in first place i hdo have many 2nd place finishes in the ECR's that i run in. the car is fun to drive and is very reliable to run also.

The yellow flyer pictured earlier in the thread was recently for sale, is local to Waterford, may still be available. Didn't see an update as to whether or not it did indeed sell, but looked like it was going to.
    http://www.waterfordhills.com/phpBB2...pic.php?t=6299

Oh, OK, it's an '87. That's my 24 behind it in the ebay pic... (from back when I was in ITA)
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...AMESE%3AIT&rd=1
    Vaughan Scott
    Detroit Region #280052
    '79 924 #77 ITB
    #65 Hidari Firefly P2
    www.vaughanscott.com