Thread: 16v Cars

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

CIS systems also do a much better job of atomizing fuel than 'electronic' fuel injection systems.

CIS-E Motronic has a larger fuel plunger and can support a higher max hp than CIS-E; neither of which really matters for IT spec engines.

The mass air flow sensor in CIS type systems sure may seem like a big restriction when you look at it, but if you consider the size of the opening, and the cross sectional area exposed when you raise the flow plate, I don't think it is as restrictive as people expect.
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

CIS systems also do a much better job of atomizing fuel than 'electronic' fuel injection systems.[/b]
    That used to be very true, and may still be true to some extent, but many modern EFI injectors now have excellent atomization.

CIS-E Motronic has a larger fuel plunger and can support a higher max hp than CIS-E; neither of which really matters for IT spec engines.[/b]
    Yes, a slightly longer rod with slightly longer fuel metering slits, as I recall, but no additional functions. They're the same animal for our purposes.

The mass air flow sensor in CIS type systems sure may seem like a big restriction when you look at it, but if you consider the size of the opening, and the cross sectional area exposed when you raise the flow plate, I don't think it is as restrictive as people expect.[/b]
    Depends a lot on the control pressure for CIS-basic and CIS-lambda (that's another reason why we try to reduce it). I believe that CIS-E and CIS-Motronic may not be tunable in the same way, but I haven't reviewed it lately. If I'm correct, they may be even worse for our purposes than the older stuff.
    2006 NARRC ITC, 1ST
    2006 NERRC ITC, 1ST
    2000 NERRC ITB, 3RD

BUGCITY -- RANCO Collision -- FlameTheHorse -- Shine Racing Service