I'M UP AND RUNNING!

I finally gave up on getting it to fire w/ ether - it was just turning over like mad w/ no hint of firing. Checked plugs and injectors (the spare CAS trick really works!) and everything looked OK - just no hits. Chris, who rebuilt the engine, counseled against using ATF in a new engine so I tried it w/ 2-cycle oil, first in 1 rotor, then the 2nd. After the 2nd it fired right up. Was rough and smoky at first but cleared up on both counts. Now I have a nice, stable idle and timing. Hope to dyno it for the ARRC tomorrow. Thanks for all you help and encouragement.
[/b]

I'd say Jake hit the nail on the head with the idea of fuel washing down the chambers which killed compression. When you were cranking it with the faulty battery there was enough juice to fill the injectors and pop them open but not enough cranking revs to seal the chamber and get it to fire. Very much of that at all you loose compression. Glad you got it sorted and glad it all turned out to be simple problems. I forgot to tell you to change the oil after your flooding issue. There's possibly a good amount of fuel in there.