I've also been considering building a Z32 for ITR. Maybe I should concentrate on getting my license first, but that will come soon enough

I've tracked a turbo Z at the Glen for many years and until I upgraded the brakes I couldn't stay out for 20-30 minutes without terrible brake fade. I've tried Hawk Blues, PFC 97's etc... IMO the PFC's performed the best but still faded. I suppose with proper ducting and 200-300 lbs. less weight the brakes would be adequate for a sprint race.

As far as weight the last iteration of Z I built was a slicktop chassis with a twin turbo engine, it weighed 3100 lbs. w/o driver. The complete A/C system was removed, but it had full interior with Autopower rollbar, Sparco race seats, big brakes on 4-corners and heavy 18" wheels. I suspect even a t-top Z can get to 3250 once stripped.

Also the chassis is strong. After bouncing off the armco three times at the top of esses at the Glen I was able to get out and walk to the nearest flag station to wait for the ambulance.

I've probably got enough parts to put a car together, just need a good body now. If I can't find something resonable I've got an na engine, and tranny if anyone is interested

-Chris