Thread: Pocono Configuration

Does anyone recall the last few years' history of the configuration of the Pocono track? Specifically, how long has the current configuration - clockwise while using the South Course entry as the chicane - been in place?

Reason I ask, I'm trying to determine the track record for that configuration. Tri-Region (http://www.triregionracing.org/Pocono_25CW_Records.pdf) shows the ITA lap record of 1:52.577 was set in 2004 by Tom Blaney. However, wasn't that the year they used the styrofoam chicane, the one that quickly became the non-chicane? In 2005 the best ITA lap was dropped by Wendell Holmes at a 1:53.227, and Tom's best time that weekend was 1:53.773.

Just in case you're wondering if there's ulterior motives other than curiosity here, my best lap this year was 1:53.269.

Thanks for the info! - GA

Greg-

I think that those track records are for the "current configuratin." I didn't think that they kept any track records for the "transition years."

I noticed the ITB track record is wrong, unfortunatly Stephen shattered my track record by 1.5 seconds during the enduro in the afternoon after our sprint race. That bastard.

Do you know who the contact person is for the track records?

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com