Thread: corner weights

I was wondering if anyone had any advice on corner weights for Lime Rock? I have done mine for the first time in over a year yes, for the NARRC Runoffs. (I need to stay ahead of Raymond and Tim!) I was wondering if we should do any type of corner jacking or if we should jsut set it up neutral? If you do want to add weight to any corner which one? Also is the diaganol % more important than the actual weight on each corner?

Thanks for the help.
    Stephen

My hunch is on your car the LF is the heaviest corner. So, you may want to transfer some weight to the RR by playing with the ride height. For LRP ideally the right side of the car will be heavier. The exact opposite or closer to neutral for NHIS.

R
    Rob Breault
    BMW 328is #36
    2008 Driving Impressions Pro-ITA Champion
    2008 NARRC DP Champion
    2009 NARRC ITR Champion
    2009 Team DI Pro-ITR Champion

Stephen, I'd try to get the cross-weights as close to equal as possible. There are too many variables to be able to know whether an intentional bias will help or hurt. I have ended up with a larger RF+LR than LF+RR weight bias at Lime Rock and it didn't seem to hurt, but I wouldn't do it intentionally. I do optimize alignment for Lime Rock by seriously reducing the RF camber, and that may have a measureable but unintentional effect on cross-weights. The only reason I can think of why you might want to intentionally increase the RF+LR weight bias would be to make a smaller than optimal rear swaybar do some extra work. If you do try it, I'd suggest only on the test day and reverting back if it doesn't clearly help.
    2006 NARRC ITC, 1ST
    2006 NERRC ITC, 1ST
    2000 NERRC ITB, 3RD

BUGCITY -- RANCO Collision -- FlameTheHorse -- Shine Racing Service