Well, my thoughts exactly - it'll get a SVRA log book for sure so we can run some historical events like the Gold Cup at VIR. Only thing I don't like is Jeff was telling me you have to run old tires too - don't like the idea of paying $200 each for some crappy tires to run at a historic event. Jeff has run it before in the TR8 and did well. All those weekend guys racing historic don't flog their cars the way we do, and the lap times show it!

R
[/b]
Coker make a tire for that, I'm pretty sure, although you may get by with RA-1's depending on rules. As for the speed and competitiveness, I guess it depends on the organization. I know several guys who run with VARA, they also have a formula/sports racer group too, and I'd be hard pressed to say they don't flog their cars as hard as any SCCA racer does. During the SCCA vintage weekend at Laguna-Seca VARA guys were some of the top finishers in all the classes they ran in. Johnny Wilkins finished 2nd in his 240Z in big-bore production, and the Checkerd Flag spitfire's were right there in small bore. Sound like a good plan, I'm sure you'll have fun

James