View Poll Results: IT going National - what would you vote?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • IT should stay Regional forever

53 60.23%
  • IT should be National

18 20.45%
  • Some of IT (maybe ITR, ITS and ITA - you decide) could go National as long there were a couple of classes remaining that stayed Regional only

17 19.32%

Thread: IT going National - your opinion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I am with Doug, I honestly do not believe it would have any effect on me. I race because I enjoy it and it is hard to do well. If I beat the guys that I think have similar equipment I am happy. If I have good dices I am happy. If IT went national I am sure there would be more well prepped cars around but I doubt there would be more of them running with me at most regionals. With Greg and Andy off running Nationals I might actually move up a couple of spots. If IT went National my $5000 Rx7 would still be a $5000 car.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

I am with Doug, I honestly do not believe it would have any effect on me. I race because I enjoy it and it is hard to do well. If I beat the guys that I think have similar equipment I am happy. If I have good dices I am happy. If IT went national I am sure there would be more well prepped cars around but I doubt there would be more of them running with me at most regionals. With Greg and Andy off running Nationals I might actually move up a couple of spots. If IT went National my $5000 Rx7 would still be a $5000 car.
    [/b]
    Pretty much sums it up Dick, nice post! Interesting that we have a pretty high response / comment ratio. And Travis' comment pretty much says it all, and I suspect is the same position that a lot of the folks that voted 'Regional forever' come from. They look at it from what's best for them, not what's best for the Club.

Chris (Harris), IIRC, AS was born out of SSGT/ITGT. And you just reinforced my position. Your friend doesn't run Regionals in his AS car anymore, as he's focused on National racing.

Kirk has pretty much touched on what I've been saying for a while. Get rid of the Regional/National destinction on classes, and let the members speak w/ the cars that they bring to the track.

Andy,

I think this is an important topic to discuss, and gather feedback on, but your third option is pretty bogus. If IT goes National, IT goes National. You want to race your IT car at a Regional, that's your choice. You want to race it at a National, that's your choice too. Don't hang the guys that happend to run ITB/C cars out to dry, just because the cars in those classes are older/slower/not as popular.