I think your point assumes that the 325 is maxed out power-wise with the new-found tire width. That is where I don't follow. You ever follow an light ITA car with the same size tires as you through some twisties?

I guess the only question is whether or not the E36 can FIT huge tires...just another reason why I think the E46 325 will be a GREAT choice.

Any way you slice it, BMW guys have a ton of REAL choices for ITR with the BS of engine restrictions. [/b]

That is where I don't follow. You ever follow an light ITA car with the same size tires as you through some twisties?
Andy, ITA cars are as fast as ITS cars @ Mid Ohio because of the tires and that they don't have to brake as much, or at all. I'm not convinced that the larger tires are going to make a hugh difference.

What are you considering huge? I don't believe that it is the just the width of a tire that counts. There is sectional width, rim size & width and profile. I know what I'm going to start width and for what reasons. As for the power of the 325's, lets start with the E46 325's. It will depend on what type of software that can be programed into the ECU since they don't have chips. That is why the ITAC should make the recommendation to drop the ECU rule as it is and allow EMS. With this we may be able to keep up with the current cars and their newer OBDII ECU's, so we won't be maxed out on the engine.