Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad wreck at SIC -- Garcia ok

I may have missed it, which is certainly a possibility, but I never saw a black flag. I saw double yellows when I got to turn 8 on lap 2, a white flag on lap 3 for the wrecker and then we were directed into the pits by a corner worker on track. No black flags.

A black at Turn 6 (the black flag station) would have been very helpful in getting us slowed and letting us know we needed to come in. Not slamming the workers, who did a great job this weekend, but it got a bit hairy at pit entrance. We weren't going race pace obviously, but we didn't know until about 100 yds before pit in that we had to go in.
    [/b]
    I never saw a black flag either. A guy standing in the middle of the front straight pointing people into the pits was definitely not what I expected. The workers did a great job, but I think the black flag would've been helpful in this situation.

David
    ITA 240SX #17
    Atlanta Region

that was the first time for us also. we were told in standing starts they break same place.
    i am guessing it's where the axle spline stops and the hub continues to the nut. that splined area of emptiness between the axle and the nut is where it broke. this is only a guess will know for sure after we examine everything closer and with new pieces.
    p.s. i hope you guys understand what i'm trying to say. no pics yet. but there was a lot of people taking pictures maybe someone can post some pics.?????
    steve saney
    it-7 /it-a #34