Registration is open!

Greg,

I don't have an immediate answer for you. Your post has been forwarded to someone who can provide an answer.

Greg,

I don't have an immediate answer for you. Your post has been forwarded to someone who can provide an answer.
[/b]

also, when I signed up it gave zero balances for the payment due. Where can I find out what the races cost so I can send a check?

And also, can we wait to pay at registration? or will we lose our signup if we do wait?

thanks

Jason

My experience with online registration is that it's great, but sometimes has a few bugs when first applied to an existing system. When in doubt, contact the registrar. I've shown as being registered before, but not paid, and vice-versa. The registrar got it all straightened out quickly and all was cool. It's really great on the registrars and the entrants when all that stuff is taken care of before registration. And we all know what kind of mess that can be at the ARRC with that large crowd!

Greg,

Here's the answer to your question.

You pay via PayPal - using your own credit card or PayPal account. At the "end" of the registration process, you must choose "Send Check" or "Pay Credit" (or whatever it exactly says). Select the Credit card entry and go there - it's done via PayPal.

Bob, I did select "credit card" and when the process was done, it sent me back to the registration (and thanked me for registering, IIRC). I just went back to it and found no way to pay...

If you can get the PayPal email address or account name that is being used for this process, I can generate the payment separately from the registration system... - Greg

I imagine I'll be there one way or another. Right now I'm just trying to decide between either building an entirely new tub or fixing the one I have. Hopefully within the next couple of days I can get the car looked at by a professional and hear what they have to say.

Call Gwen Jackson (the pre-race Registrar) at 770-455-7222 if you're having problems with the registration software. She usually gets into the office around 10:00 AM EDT but is good about following up if you leave a message as well.

As far as paying at the window, you can. But in order to qualify for the "Express Registration" window you need to have paid in advance and have no changes to your entry form (including crew members). Atlanta Region does not deposit checks until after the event and gives full refunds for no-shows with no questions asked, so there is ABSOLUTELY no reason to not register and pay as early as possible.

Butch Kummer
ARRC Event Chairmen

Also note this about the registration process:

Once you have registered, you CANNOT change the method of payment - so if you selected 'pay by check' the first time, the only way to change to Credit card is to CANCEL your registration and reregister (it's a pretty quick process).

Bob, I did as you suggested: I cancelled my reg then re-entered. This time selecting "credit card" sent me to PayPal, and I successfully sent the funds. So, this time it worked... (shrug)

On edit: I just re-reviewed the email confirmation I received after yesterday's reg; it states that I had selected "check" and not "credit card". I swear I had selected "credit card" (really!) but, there you are... sorry for the trouble. - GA

I finally got registered for ITA. My Dad and I should have all of the damn body work and painting done by the end of the week. After that, I'll just be working on my victory speech. :P

WOW!!! Kevin, was that a Macy's baloon or your ego I just saw floating by? :D
[/b]
Nah, couldn't have been. My ego doesn't just "float by". It does more of a "strike fast, slap you across the mouth, leave your daughter knocked up, and steal your Pop Tarts" kind of thing. It's sort of hard to explain. :lol:

(Hey, I'm just trying to keep up with Greg, and he got like a three month head start on me! Especially since I'll just be happy if my car holds all of its chicken wire and bondo into one piece.)

Back