Thread: I'm doing my first enduro

Hi all,

I'll be doing a 4 hour enduro in my second gen RX-7 on labor day weekend. I also have 2 sprint races the same weekend so it should be a blast.

Any suggestions on preparation other than what I do for sprint races?

Steve

Oh yea, the team name is "the Felix Wankles".

New parts for everything that is a wear item at the start of the enduro... oh and most importantly have a friggen blast!!!!

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Four hours is easy. Make sure the fluids are fresh, pads and tires are new, rotors and bearings are in good shape and know how long the car goes on fuel and if it will need oil, then dial it back, 2-5 seconds per lap.

Done.

Marcus <-- prepping for the 25 again.
    Marcus
    miller-motorsports.com - Its always an Adventure (and woefully outdated)
    1.6 ITE/SPU/ST2 Turbo Miata (in pieces... err progress)

Well,

It was fun while it lasted, but 3rd gear gave out about 2 hours into it. We had a blast, and I plan on making it a yearly event. Last year it was 10 hours, maybe it will go back to that. In any event, It was a blst and I&#39;ll be doing more in the future.

Steve

That race was a blast. Sorry about third gear. Midwestern Council did a great job that weekend with a lot of racing over the Labor Day weekend at Gingerman. I&#39;ll definately be back as well.

Don&#39;t miss "That Loooong Race" they do at Blackhawk Farms in October (I think it is October 21-22). The regular schedule of races goes from 30 minute races to 80 minutes or 50 laps which ever comes first. Plus they have "trick or treat" for the kids on Saturday during lunch where they take the kids around the track and give out candy at the corner worker stations, then big wheel (or tricycle) races on Sunday for the kids in age group races at the start/finish line during lunch. My kids look forward to it every year. Each kid is made to feel like a winner.

See ya there.

Jeff
    TeamLowBuck
    ITS
    Support Multiple Sclerosis RX7