Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RAL weekend updates

Hey Tom Weaver! Glad you made the trek, sorry about the weather, but hey...it DID come in from NY state first!!! No complaints unless it blows in off the water!

Congrats on a good finish in tough weather!
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

I volunteered in T & S for the first time in many years and for the first time got to see how the transponder system worked. It is amazing how quickly the results can be verified and how well it works. And if someone's transponder craps out there is a backup system involving a human with the computer so they don't miss a beat. All the cars are tracked by 3 or 4 or more "tapers" and a lap sheet person. These tapes and the lap sheet are then verified by the chief against the computer and 9.5 times our of 10 are right on the money and thus, everything is saved, backed up and ready to send in to the appropriate people before they even leave the track. VERY IMPRESSIVE.

As for those of you who EVER need parts in Concord....VIP is the worst in town. Advance Auto is #1, located on Loudon Rd. near the lights at Pizza Hut (just east of PH) and AutoZone is in the same plaza as Uno's Pizza at Exit 14 off Rt. 93. I deal with the folks at Advance all the time and they are really the best and most fun to deal with. Most are ex-AutoZone employees and are pretty knowledgeable. If you luck out and can Amanda to wait on you, tell her you know Raymond and Stephen and their Mom and she'll take extra good care of you. (We've known her since the kids were 5).

See you all at Cheap Date.
    A Race Junky from the Get Go......

It was a Sunday of mixed emotion for BBR. Sean and Brett both ran very well (finished 5th and 4th respectively), but we had to say good bye to the #16 chassis after 5 years, just as it was coming into form. Brandon, while leading on lap 2, took a bump from behind going into the oval which sent him up into the wall. After bouncing off the wall, he was again hit, and the other side hit the wall as well. He ended up facing the wrong way at the top of the oval. No injuries which is good, but all 4 corners we taken out in the wreck and the chassis is done. It was an unfortunate occurance, but no real hard feelings at this point regarding the incident. In the usual BBR fashion, we still have every intention of making it to the run offs with the second coming of the #16. Plans for the new build are already under way and we are in search of a chassis as we speak. 50 days or bust. Watch the BB Racing website, www.bbracingusa.com, for a chronical of the build. Anyone have a 240sx chassis lying around????

Greg
    [/b]

Congrats to Brett and Sean! They had a clean race and I think Sean could've passed Brett.

I sent Brandon the location of a couple of chassis' I have found laying around. I do not know that status of any of them - I'll leave that to Brandon to determine. Luckily I still have mine as I need most of the front clip to fix my car from it's meeting with the turn 1 wall during the test day.

Jeremy
    "It's a fact..."

Thanks Jeremy. Ill share the congrats with everyone tonight while we see what's salvagable from the old #16. Things are looking good so far for meeting our goal of being at the ruoffs with the second coming of the #16! Good luck and let us know if you need any help getting yours back in order.

Greg
    Greg Deems
    BB Racing/ BB Customs
    www.bbracingusa.com
    #00 ITR 300zx- sold, look for another rental miata soon
    Whether it be your race car or your street car, let BB take it to the next level...

As for those of you who EVER need parts in Concord....VIP is the worst in town. Advance Auto is #1[/b]
    No Trish, Sanel is #1. However they are only open until noon on Saturday. 225-4100. The only parts they don't have either on hand or in their warehouse (also in Concord) are items that are "dealer only". I'll admit they aren't the cheapest, but they do carry everything and the counter guys are career parts guys.

Sorry I just couldn't let it go.

Matt

The reason I said Advance is #1 is that they ARE open all weekend and Sat. til 9 pm. and I believe it's 8pm on Sunday. Let's put it this way.....midway through Sunday you can make a parts run to them and usually get what you need. It makes it so convenient for race weekends. And I do not believe Sanel's warehouse is open on Sat. Last time I tried to get something that wasn't in the store on a Sat. I had to wait til Monday. I agree, they are VERY good, but I have found that Advance is less expensive and has pretty much the same expertise if you talk with Jim and Mike or Amanda.
    A Race Junky from the Get Go......

not sure why I am going down this road... but for weekend service:

1) Robins is my personal favorite when it comes to "Autoparts" store type stuff. Unfortunatly they know our Audi's very well and don't warentee everything At anyrate they understand race cars and that things are not just what they say on the computer screen, and can be creative.

2) Sanel I never think to try... not sure why, just had good luck at Robins.

3) Then on a lower level comes the rest... First my choice is Advanced Auto Parts next to UNO's and LL Bean (Need to support Ray Lee, I think he runs one in CT?)

4) Then Advanced Auto - new store, and has a decent inventory of basic items.

5) I am not a big fan of VIP in Concord, but it sometimes has what I am looking for.

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

photos from the Enduro and races are up

www.the16v.com/SCCA/

Doug
    NER.org webmaster (retired)
    the16v.com Photography
    briansgarage.com