......Show me one car out there that has done nothing but 'bolt on a few (safety) pieces and raced'. Name one person whose entire goal for going racing is to simply show up and not worry about being competitive.....
[/b]

.... ABS can be disabled by pulling a fuse or a sensor or unplugging the abs ecu...or if it is a full time race car, replumb it. I have to agree with GA and Mlytle some of this stuff is not for entry level people in IT...but if you want to race and do it on a budget, race a cheap car to get time. an entry level one. not an SIR equipped ABS disabled BMW 325...maybe a used IT7 car/SM/ITA CRX/insert 5k-7.5k car here...or a 2.5k GTI as many have...
[/b]
Well Greg,

I can name one. He was in my Super School class, his name was Kip and even though he was from a different region, I'm afraid that I might have scared him away from SCCA. Kip's car had a cage and a fire extinguisher, it was a car that he'd done several track days in too. The interior was still in it including the carpet, no where near a full prep car. He'd had the car a couple of years and decided to go racing with it. The letters on the side said ITS, guess what it was....

Evan,
Why do we have the right to decided what car is an entry level car and which aren't, do we want to make special rules so that guy's that drive Acura's or Mazda's have to do special prep work? Oh, don't show up in you .... .... RSX, it's not an entry level car. I agree with Greg on this point though all of IT is entry level.